Monday, May 1, 2023

 For the second year in a row, I participated in a charity event that is dear to my husband's heart, a fundraiser for All God's Children group home. I sponsored a hole in a golf tournament this organization held. 

Back during covid, I played a lot of golf and even wrote about it in a blog titled Golf Saved Us and it did. When all else closed, the golf course stayed open. Walking the course was not only exercise but a mental release from the tribulations around us. So when I chose this as altruism for my hard-earned money, I had a connection of appreciation for the sport as well as to the purpose of the event. 

Years ago my husband and I were licensed as foster parents and we were blessed to house, and home, three children. The experiences of nurturing these children have remained in my heart. I had to give back.

All God's Children is a home for foster children who have been taken from their natural families and placed into a less traumatizing environment while the adults in their lives get themselves together. My husband has been involved with it from the beginning when a friend offered his ancestral home to be the residence for a family setting, ancestral being the operative word here. The house needed much repair and teams of workers from across the county stepped up and stepped in to remodel it to the required standards under the laws involved with foster care institutions.

Support has come from a wide range of individuals, businesses, and churches:


In case the print is too small, I zoomed in for you. There I am between First Methodist and Rudisill's Grocery.


One thing I've learned. It takes a village to raise a foster child!

Catch of the day,

Gretchen

No comments:

Post a Comment