The first day of school has come and gone here in the foothills of North Carolina. I remember well the excitement of all-things-new. The anticipation. The smells of books. The butterflies in the stomach. The lack of sleep the night before. The feel of fall in the air when I stepped outside. The hope that this year will be the BEST EVER!!! I'm talking teacher perspective there. Yes, I had butterflies. Every year.
Starting a new writing project is like that. That would be me this week as well. I suppose it's in my teacher DNA to start fresh in the fall rather than January first. I've mulled this new book over and over in my mind. Yesterday I took the dreaded step into the unknown and started the interview process.
A hint as to my newest project
Everything since lunch yesterday is moving at lightning-flash speed. I'm in contact with the right people. I'm learning more and more, and the more I learn the more humbled I've become. Usually doubts come once the manuscript is done and I wonder if I have done what I set out to do.
This time is different. I have butterflies now, as I type, just thinking if I am up to the task. Who am I to write this beautiful, humble story? Why me?
And my spirit replies, "Why not me?"
So, you might not hear much from me as I go wandering through the mountains of western North Carolina. I'll be busy searching for answers. The wheels are turning.
Catch of the day,
Gretchen
No comments:
Post a Comment