Monday, February 14, 2022

How Sweet It Is

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone. I hope your day was as special as you predicted it would be. Mine was, and I'm stuffed to the gills with candy (and chocolate mint Girl Scout Cookies) to prove it. My sweetie and I went out for supper this evening and on the way home I heard a blurb for a "Do Over" day contest. The gist was to write about how lousy your day was today in a hundred words or less and submit it to the radio station by a certain time. Best sob story entry wins a spa day.

Anyone who found today less than expected has my heart. My husband came through with the most appropriate card to date, so that alone disqualifies me from this writing exercise. Yes, darling, I love us, too. "We're the best 'we' two people could be," to quote the card. What more could I want?

How about an ecard with a delightful message. Got one. And texts from friends exchanging wishes for a Happy Valentine's Day...those and some commiserating amongst ourselves over last night's Super Bowl final score. 

All this joy can be summed up by the card I received from a dear friend who really, really gets me. 

That about says it all.

Catch of the day,

Gretchen


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I wish I had sent that card! Wishing you the BEST today and always, dear friend. Keep writing these beautiful messages for all to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sandra. It was a good day. I hope yours was, too.

    ReplyDelete