Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Trees on Cars

When I wrote my first children's book, I designed it around the theme of trees on cars, as in a Christmas tree on its way to a new home to delight the family. Since then my son's family has supplied me with a wonderful collection of trees on cars. This year's was no disappointment, a string art version:
And it came in its own special bag:
This string art plaque joined the gifts I've received in the past that I use as decorations each year, salt and pepper shakers, candle, and miniature trucks:
And a tray:
And a blanket I've used when I spoke with classes, note the hand towel on the table, and the paper bag on the floor:
And last, but not least, my favorite, a hanging ornament I showcase when I have a display of my books:
That's a page from my book, When Christmas Feels Like Home, illustrated by Carolina Farias. The creators of those gifts all could have used this one page as a guide. Here's a better look at the page.
My word to writers, be careful what you write. Your family might take the theme and run with it for presents, like mine did. What a wonderful concept!

Merry Christmas to all,

Gretchen

No comments:

Post a Comment