Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Open House at Pilot Mountain School

I've caught its stories.

I've met its students and its teachers and written about them so much that I can feel their joys and their pains deep in my soul.

I've heard about the building at its worst.

I've seen the building at its best.

Now it's time for the big reveal, no, not of the memoir that I'm writing, not yet. That's still a work in progress. The reveal is of the building itself, the final product of five years of hard labor, sweat and jumping bureaucratic hurdles. It's the newly completed, entirely finished Pilot Mountain Schoolhouse that will be open for public viewing this Saturday, February 19 from ten in the morning until two in the afternoon. To read more of the story click here.

I will be there, flier in hand, drumming up interest in my project, finding answers to a few questions I still have about the school.

Y'all come.

Catch of the day,

Gretchen

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful! I hope you have perfect weather and a huge turnout. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carol, I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete